Advanced Educational Opportunities
The educational offerings at the Michigan Psychoanalytic Institute are suited to a range of professional needs. Continuing Education (CME/CE) credit is available for all educational offerings, as well as for our scientific and clinical programs.
Courses in psychoanalysis and the psychoanalytic therapies foster the development of the clinician, enabling them to work more empathically and effectively to help patients achieve better inner integration, greater self-understanding, increased happiness and life satisfaction, and personal growth. Scholars and academicians may find their expertise in their chosen fields enhanced by the addition of psychoanalytic understandings. Such applicants are welcome to join with clinicians in any of the programs listed below.
- The most extensive, in-depth training offered is psychoanalytic training. This training is a multi-year commitment in seminars, supervised cases, and personal analysis.
- For mental health professionals who are interested in psychoanalytic training but not yet ready to begin the full program, there is an Early Admission Program which consists of a weekly seminars to begin gaining skills for later training.
- A two-year Psychotherapy Program, called the Advanced Training in Adult Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy, is available for mental health professionals who would like to focus on refining skills to practice psychotherapy according to a psychoanalytic modality. A clinician may elect to take only one of the two years.
- Psychotherapy Fellowship is a one-year clinically-based program designed to introduce and further develop an understanding of psychoanalytic principles as applied to psychotherapy with adults, children, and adolescents. Two programs are offered each academic year: one in Ann Arbor and one in Farmington Hills.
- Continuing Education Classes offer focused instruction on specific topics of interest.